Up until last week I had never heard of the Liebster Award before. While it is no Academy Award, it is a way of acknowledging new bloggers and promoting their blogs to gain a bigger following of readers. I received my nomination for this award from Kerry over at Chocolate and Pearls. Thank you Kerry for nominating me for the award, I am very honored and humbled! Kerry has a lifestyle blog. She has a passion for fashion and nutrition like myself, so if you have not already, check out her blog!
Here are the answer to Kerry’s questions:
1. What made you want to start writing your blog?
I love fashion, travel, and food. I love sharing my experiences and advice with family and friends. I thought, why not share my tips with the world?
2. What is something you have not blogged about yet that you would like to?
Where do I begin with this?! I have so many ideas it is just a matter of finding the time to write them all down. I am currently working on an article about affordable date ideas and a snow survival guide that I am very excited to finish and publish.
3. Who is your role model and why?
Oprah Winfrey because she impacted so many people’s lives with her philanthropic ways. She was not only a good buisness woman but also a humanitarian that used her successes to improve the wellbeing of her viewers.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
New Zealand because of the scenery, climate, and extreme sporting activities.
5. You just won the lottery. What is the first thing you are going to buy and why?
Lambskin Black and Gold Chanel Bag because it is on my fashionista bucket list before I die.
6. From today’s perspective: If you could change an event that happened in your life, would you do it?
I would not change anything. I try to embrace every aspect of my life and not have any regrets. I feel that all of the events I have experienced, the good and bad, have shaped me into the person I am today.
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Impacting others. If I can help just one person find a hole in the wall that serves the fish taco in San Diego, or find the best outfit to surprise their significant other on date night, then I have succeeded in my purpose for blogging.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Chipped nail polish! I cannot stand it!
9. What is your all-time favorite food?
Pizza. Is that not everyone’s?
10. Do you have any pets, if so tell us about them. If not, what would your ideal pet be?
No pets currently, but I am in the market for a puppy. Still trying to find the right breed. It would be a medium size dog that is hypoallergenic and does not shed!
Now it is my turn to nominate 10 bloggers for this award:
- Made in Rome
- All the good things
- Sven Journal
- Being Beth
- Ella Pinto
- The Hungry Hedonist
- Dang Travelers
- Shannon Sage
What the new nominees need to know:
- You must have under 200 followers, if you have over 200 followers then I apologize that I missed that.
- You can only be nominated once.
- You must post a picture of the award (above) in your blog.
- You must thank the person who nominated you.
- You need to answer the 10 questions below.
- You need to nominate 10 additional bloggers and assign them 10 questions to answer, like I have done for you.
- Congratulations! I loved your blogs!
My questions for you:
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be and why?
- What do you want your tombstone to say?
- How do you spend your free time?
- What is your strongest personality quality?
- What are your top three favorite books and why?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What do you most admire in life?
- What teacher in school made the most impact on you and why?
- What accomplishment in your life do you feel the most proud of and why?
- What is your favorite music?